Inovonics, INOmini FM Multiplex Decoder / Demodulates MPX to L,R Audio / AES Out
* Ex GST. Check with us for the latest pricing
FM Multiplex Decoder
Inovonics’ INOmini 514 is a standalone decoder for FM-stereo multiplex signals. It accepts a demodulated FM-baseband input and decodes the signal to discrete left and right channel audio. The recovered stereo program is available as a professional line-level balanced output, and also as an AES digital audio signal.
Local alarm ‘tallies’ and selectable de-emphasis curves make the INOmini 514 an essential tool for professional applications wherever a stereo-baseband signal needs to be decoded and monitored.
- Decodes Composite/MPX signal into L/R audio
- Analog L/R and AES-digital program line outputs
- Accurate front-panel metering
- Front-panel alarms with rear-panel ‘tallies’ for program Audio Loss (silence sense) and stereo Pilot Loss (stereo/mono status)
- Conforms to the worldwide FM ‘pilot-tone’ system; selectable 75μs/50μs de-emphasis
Multiplex (MPX) Input
- Unbalanced/bridging (BNC); 10k input impedance; requires 0.5V p-p minimum signal.
L/R Analog Line Outputs
- Active-balanced (XLR), 200-ohm source impedance; +4dBu output at ‘0dB’ on front-panel meter.
AES Digital Output
- Transformer-balanced (XLR), 44.1kHz sampling rate; –6dBFS output at ‘0dB’ on front-panel meter.
- 3.5mm (TRS) for low-Z or high-Z phones; fixed listening level
Program Audio De-Emphasis
- 75μs/50μs, selected with push-on jumpers under the top cover
- Enabled with a push-on jumper under the top cover
Audio Frequency Response
- Follows selected de-emphasis characteristic ±0.5dB, 20Hz to 15kHz
Noise (Unweighted SNR re: ±75kHz deviation)
- MONO: ≥72dB; analog/digital
- STEREO: ≥70dB; analog/digital
- ≤0.05% THD, 20Hz to 15kHz (analog/digital)
- 50dB 20Hz to 15kHz (analog/digital)
- Individual open-collector NPN transistor outputs for Program Audio Loss (either/both channels) and Pilot Loss (stereo/mono indicator)
- 12VDC at 230mA. A ‘wall-outlet transformer’ (WallWart®) switching-type power supply appropriate to the destination AC mains voltage is provided.
- An optional rack adapter accepts up to three INOmini modules in a 1U, 19-inch rack space. Alternatively, the 514 may easily be fastened to any convenient surface with two small screws.
Size and Weight
- 1.6”H x 5.5”W x 5.5”D; 4 lbs. shipping weight.