Extron's DTP DisplayPort Twisted Pair Receivers Now Include EDID Minder for Intelligent EDID Management
Posted on 12 December 2018
Extron is pleased to announce that the Extron DTP R DP 4K 230 and DTP R DP 4K 330 DisplayPort receivers now feature EDID Minder® to deliver comprehensive EDID management. These receivers work with Extron DTP®-enabled products to send DisplayPort, audio, bidirectional RS-232, and IR signals up to 230 feet (70 meters) or 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable. They provide an effective means of incorporating higher resolution DisplayPort signals into DTP systems and support video signals at resolutions up to 4K. Compact enclosure sizes and remote power capability make the DTP R DP 4K 230 and DTP R DP 4K 330 ideal for discreet placement behind flat-panel displays or wherever needed to meet application requirements.
Correct EDID management allows source equipment to send video and audio signals in formats and parameters that best match display device capabilities. The DTP R DP 4K 230 and DTP R DP 4K 330 now offer a suite of Extron-exclusive tools and capabilities for complete EDID control. EDID information can be captured from the connected display or uploaded by the user. EDID Minder is easily accessible in PCS software, and EDID Manager® 2.0 is a freely downloadable Windows utility for viewing and editing EDID files.
- Receives DisplayPort plus control and analog audio over a shielded CATx cable:
- Up to 230 feet (70 meters) – DTP R DP 4K 230
- Up to 330 feet (100 meters) – DTP R DP 4K 330
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K
- NEW – EDID Minder automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices in point-to-point applications
- Bidirectional RS-232 and IR pass-through for AV device control
- Remote power capability
- Compatible with all DTP transmitters and DTP-enabled products
The DTP R DP 4K 230 and DTP R DP 4K 330 with EDID Minder are now shipping.