Extron's New Powerful In-Ceiling Subwoofer That Won't Rattle The Ceiling
Posted on 06 August 2018
Extron is pleased to introduce the SF 10C SUB, an in-ceiling subwoofer that complements the Extron range of ceiling and pendant speakers by extending the low-frequency response in music and high-performance audio applications. A novel suspended-by-wire mounting design completely isolates the subwoofer from the ceiling grid. A 10-inch driver within a 4th order bandpass, plenum-rated enclosure, delivers powerful, room-filling bass.
- 10″ (254 mm) low-frequency driver
- 400 watts continuous pink noise
800 watts continuous program
- Frequency range: 25 Hz to 160 Hz
- UL 2043 rating allows placement in the plenum space, hidden from view
- Direct 8 ohm operation avoids the low-frequency distortion commonly associated with high impedance connections through a transformer
- Included steel suspension cable doubles as hoisting cable to raise the subwoofer into place during installation
- A ceiling speaker grille and C-ring are included to provide everything necessary for a finished installation that matches other ceiling speakers in the room
The SF 10C SUB will be available in October 2018.