TV Signal Spectrum Analyzer
Deviser’s test and measurement tools are ideal for performing the installation, verification and maintenance of cable networks. The instruments’ robust set of features and capabilities reduces operational expenses for the broadband cable engineers by ensuring the proper installation of the network on the first visit and shortening the time required for on-site for service calls.
Features and Benefits
All standards in one:
» DVB-C/C2, DVB-T/H/T2, DVB-S/S2, ATSC, ISDB-T
» Fast spectrum analysis with 5 ~ 2150MHz frequency range, with maximum span of 1200MHz
» Various video decoding formats: MPEG-2/4 and H.264 for 1080p, 720p and 576i; Support PAL/NTSC/SECAM colour systems
» Capacitive touch screen with high resolution 7” TFT LCD
» Support SD & HD video format
» Transport stream analysis – option 650.00 Oz, 30GB SSD, CAM & Card slot and ASI IN/OUT
The S7200 TV analyzer is an all-in-one digital TV analyzer.
This unique analyzer supports all digital broadcasting technologies, such as DVB-C/C2, DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T. It also enables the user to monitor both analog and digital TV and decodes standards such as MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and H.264/H.265 for 4K, 1080p, 720p and 576i, and PAL/NTSC/SECAM.
» Digital/Analog TV and Digital Satellite TV analysis
» MPEG2 Transport stream analyzer and monitoring via
» TS-ASI input & RF input
» High Speed Spectrum Analysis: Frequency range 5 ~ 2150 MHz, max span 1200MHz
» Video decoding of MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.264 for 1080p,
» 720p and 560i, and PAL/NTSC/SECAM color system
» MPEG support
» Real-time analysis, monitoring, and recording of MPEG
» Transport Streams via TA-ASI input & RF output
» Easy-to-read fast spectral displays, including constellation and eye diagram displays
» ATSC 8VSB Spectral Emissions Mask
» Remote monitoring capable
» Closed captions monitoring
» Electronic programming guide
» User channel plan for ATSC/USA
» CAM modules for encrypted channels
» WiFi Analysis and Communication – 2.4 & 5 GHz (802.11 a/b/g/n)
» Optical Power measurements and Optical Receiver option
- Operation: Deviser has not simply further developed the S7000. Instead, Deviser took the design and control of its spectrum analysers and used them as the basis for the S7200. Therefore the operation and the external appearance now resembles other Deviser test equipment. This allows for optimized GUI development and easier learning curve for the user when different Deviser devices are available.
- Touchscreen: An operator can now directly use the touch functions on the screen. Move the markers with your finger. Zoom in and out with two fingers in the spectrum, pull the frequency left and right, adjust the amplitude up and down – everything works just as you would expect from an iPhone. The operation improves enormously, but you can still use the device with the mechanical keys – i.e. if you have dirty fingers and want to maintain the screen clean.
- Spectrum analyser: Deviser not only took over the housing and the user interface from the test equipment line, but also the spectrum analyser function. This means that the S7200 is not a TV/SAT meter with some reduced spectrum analyser functions – it is indeed a true spectrum analyser with integrated TV/SAT field meter! If the spectrum analyser in the S7000 is already well above average for this device segment, the spectrum analyser in the S7200 surpasses everything I have been supplied in the test centre.
- Fibre-optic input: The S7200 has been equipped with a fibre-optic input, which can also be used to measure optical signals. These are converted internally to HF signals and can then be analysed with the various measuring functions.
- Network: The S7200 now offers two RJ-45 jacks and can be connected to the network twice. Why? One network port can be used for IPTV, while the second network port is available without restriction for the remote control of the meter. Two ports? No: with the WIFI option, there are three possible network connections…
- The housing is flatter, which makes the S7200 slightly smaller (although width and height remain the same). The new touch screen, on the other hand, is somewhat larger than the S7000 screen. The protection bag has been enormously improved and battery autonomy has been extended (up to 8 hours of operation).
- TS Analyser: The integrated TS analyser, which was already available in the S7000, has been improved again and now, for example, the bandwidth can also be displayed as a cube diagram. This is extremely useful as one can be recognize immediately, which services in the stream need which bandwidth or whether a service is not active at all.
- Instead of 20MB of internal memory for screenshots, the S7200 has the option of using a 32GB SSD hard disk from which a whopping 29GB is available for screenshots and transponder stream recordings. And yes, I am talking of recording the full TS stream – not just one or few services contained within!
About Deviser Instruments
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Deviser Instruments manufactures innovative, high-quality, value-packed field network test solutions for communications service providers and equipment manufacturers worldwide. A joint-venture relationship with Deviser Electronics Instruments enables the company to leverage more than 30 years of innovation, manufacturing, and service excellence to the communications test and measurement market worldwide.
For more than 30 years, communications service providers have relied upon Deviser’s products to deliver reliable, high-performance cable, satellite, wireless, fiber optic and telecommunications services to their customers.